The Museum Team is currently working one day a week year-round on a schedule adjusted to meet volunteers’ needs. This Team welcomes volunteers willing to learn and adhere to standard museum practices for museum and archival tasks.
Opportunities and openings of interest!
• Photo Archives: A detail-oriented history lover interested in photographs; willing to commit to 2-4 days a month.
• Textiles Management: A detail-oriented person responsible for management of textiles & personal adornment artifacts in storage & exhibits.
• Leather Care: A history lover with an understanding of leather qualities & care; willing to commit to 5 days between November & April to manage the care of leather artifacts in exhibits & storage.
• Paper Artifacts: A lover of collectibles interested in letters, albums, programs, invitations, maps, ledgers, calendars & books; willing to commit to 1-2 days a month.
• Buildings & Grounds Committee: Three persons with buildings & grounds care experience willing to commit to one day each April & November; responsible for evaluating conditions and making recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
• Security Team: Team players to perform opening & closing procedures at the museum in rotation May through October.
• The Museum Store Management Team: A team interested in retail sales; purchasing, bookkeeping, banking & display; willing to commit to one day a month at The Museum Store, one day at the Portland Gift Show & three half-days to train Museum Hosts in April.
• Museum Host Coordinator: A people-lover to recruit, train, retain &reward Museum Hosts; willing to recruit &schedule from home & commit to three half-days in April to train Hosts and 2 days to plan a volunteer recognition event in the fall.
• Exhibit Team: A local history lover interested in interpreting the Sherman County story; responsible for research, interpretation, planning, label production & artifacts
• Acquisitions Committee Chair: A detail-oriented person interested in in-coming artifacts; responsible for convening the Committee, making assessments & recommendations to the Board & documentation of artifacts & their donors; willing to commit to up to 8 days a year as needed.
• Museum Hosts: Working in teams of two in rotation one day a month; required to attend April training; responsible for greeting visitors, providing services & operating The Museum Store.
200 Dewey Street, P.O. Box 173 - Moro, Oregon 97039
© 2010 Sherman County Historical Society – All Rights
Web Site Design by Kaseberg Design - Site Hosting Provided by eService